Monday 27 February 2012

John Barrymore and Anthony Quinn: Quoting the Bible

I came across a website called "famous Catholics". Very interesting site. Below is an excerpt from the John Barrymore page and comes from Anthony Quinn biography: "The Original Sin: A Self-Portrait", pages 207-208:

[John Barrymore asked Anthony Quinn:] "Have you read the Bible?"

"Yes, sir."

"Holy Christ, you're kidding! I guess it's just you and me, and the Pope, who ever read the Bible anymore. Do you know the Song of Songs?"

"Yes, sir."

"'There be fore things I know now of--'"

He stopped in midair, waiting for me to finish the quotation. I continued the rest timidly: "'--the way of the eagle in the air, the way of a serpent on a rock--'" But he finished the last two lines. "'--the way of a ship upon the sea and the way of a man with a maid.'" For at that moment he was Solomon.


We need more famous Catholics.

No comments:

Post a Comment