Wednesday 9 February 2011

John 3:16 Superbowl ad shelved

Superbowl Sunday really means nothing to West Indians in their native land, however, I wanted to see the ads and so I had to TV on while I scanned the internet for interesting topics to include in the Cathedral Newsletter. I can't say I was impressed by any.

There was one ad that should have been there, that was not. That was an ad that was put out by an Alabama based evangelical group called "Fixed Point." They wanted to promote John 3:16.

For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.


Their ad was refused because it was a religious ad. Last year there was an ad featuring a College Football star whose mom spoke about her issues and encouraged viewers to "CELEBRATE LIFE". The Pro-Life ad caused "big bacchanal" (controversy) as we like to say here in Trinidad.

It is a shame. As Christians, we should make a big issue about that. If we are paying for a service and we are being prejudiced because of our religion. Then we need to make noise. I am watching the news carefully to see how this turns out.

No comments:

Post a Comment