Sunday 10 October 2010

The one Leper

We ask God for so much. For his part, he gives us a lot. Sometimes we thank him, sometimes we don’t. I want to be like the one leper in today’s Gospel who turns back to thank Jesus. So I will begin, and maybe you can continue on you own.

Thank you Lord for the situations that cause me embarrassment. I asked for humility and you provide the opportunity.

Thank you Lord for the non-believers who constantly attack my faith. I asked for a strengthening of my faith. To answer these people, I had to learn what the truth is, and now I am firm in my belief.

Thank you Lord for those who attack family life. I asked for a family and you provided one. Now you have shown me how to appreciate and love this family.

Thank you for my diabetes. I prayed everyday for good health. Now, I have to pay special attention to diet and exercise – things that will make and keep me healthier.

Thank you for my friends and family who have gone to join you. I prayed that I might not stray from you. The memory of their passing is a constant reminder that I too will pass from this world and that I need to be prepared always, just in case you call.

Thank you for the community at the Cathedral. I asked for an opportunity to serve, and you showed me a way through the “Light of the Immaculata”

Lord, thank you for all that I am, for I owe it all to you.



Gospel Reading...

"On the way to Jerusalem Jesus was going through the region between Samaria and Galilee.

As he entered a village, ten lepers approached him. Keeping their distance, they called out, saying, 'Jesus, Master, have mercy on us!'

When Jesus saw them, he said to them, 'Go and show yourselves to the priests.' And as they went, they were made clean. Then one of them, when he saw that he was healed, turned back, praising God with a loud voice. He prostrated himself at Jesus' feet and thanked him. And he was a Samaritan.

Then Jesus asked, 'Were not ten made clean? But the other nine, where are they? Was none of them found to return and give praise to God except this foreigner?

Then Jesus said to the Samaritan, "get up and go on your way; your faith has made you well." [Lk. 17:11-19]

No comments:

Post a Comment